The Ducal Palace is located in the highest part of the town of Lerma. It was constructed taking advantage of the site of a 10th century castle and was implemented according to the plans of the architect Francisco de Mora in successive phases between the years 1601 and 1617. The palace was commissioned by the order of the first Duke of Lerma, Francisco Gómez de Sandoval y Rojas for the accommodation, rest and general enjoyment of his master, King Philip III.
This hotel has a central courtyard surrounded by columned galleries in alternating sections: the first has twenty Tuscan columns with semicircular arches, and the second has twenty Ionic columns.
After its restoration the Palace has now been converted into a Parador with 70 rooms and a capacity of 133 beds.
More information, pdf » "Lerma and its Parador".