Know the environment
The city beckons you to take a leisurely stroll: discover traces of the old medina (Arab quarter) on the southern bank of the Guadalevín River, cross the Puente Nuevo (New Bridge) and walk along tree-lined Alameda del Tajo and the avenues bursting with vegetation, which lead to a spectacular scenic overlook on the edge of the abyss. The Puente Nuevo and Plaza de Toros de la Real Maestranza de Caballería de Ronda (the city's bullring) have come to symbolize Ronda and are must-see sights. The Puente Nuevo is an incredible piece of work 98 meters in height. It was built using ashlar quarried at the bottom of the Tagus Gorge and designed to allow the city to expand by connecting the old town with the modern Mercadillo quarter. From the vantage point of this iconic bridge, the view of the houses overhanging the precipice is spectacular.
What to see
- Puente Nuevo (New Bridge) and Interpretive Center
- Bullring and Real Maestranza de Caballería de Ronda Museum
- Santa María la Mayor Church
- Mondragón Palace (municipal museum)
- Arab baths
- Moorish walls and gates
- Alameda del Tajo (tree-lined avenue)
- Espíritu Santo Church
- Gardens and Water Mine, Casa del Rey Moro (House of the Moorish King)
- House of Don Bosco
- Arch of Philip V
- San Sebastián Minaret
- Palace of the Marquis of Salvatierra
- Santo Domingo Monastery
- Museo del Bandolero (Bandit Museum)
- Museo de la Caza (Museum of the Hunt)
- Lara Museum
What to do
- Tour the Pueblos Blancos (White Villages)
- Visit the Ruins of Acinipo (15 km)
- Discover the local nature reserves
Sierra de Grazalema Nature Reserve (Biosphere Reserve) (29 km)
Sierra de las Nieves Nature Reserve (Biosphere Reserve) (20 km)
Los Alcornocales Nature Reserve (25 km)
- Explore Pileta Cave (14 km)
- Serranía de Ronda Wine and Wineries Trail
- Driving at the Ascari Circuit
- Natural surroundings
At RESERVATAURO RONDA, we offer a new way to experience nature:
- Among Bulls and Horses.
- Sensory Pastureland Experience.
HORSEBACK TRAIL RIDES
- One-hour horseback rides.
- Two-hour horseback rides.
Ctra. Campillos, Km. 34
Telephone: 951 166 008 / 670 444 787