We all know how boring it is to have a layover of 4, 5 or even 10 hours in an airport before getting to the final destination, but don´t worry, there are many things that you can do to kill time at the airport layovers coming to Spain. Only thinking about the amazing time you will have at Paradores Hotels in Spain will make the layover worth it. And remember, traveling is the great experience one can have.
Parador de Alcalá de Henares
- Packing things to pass the time is one of the most important things when packing the bags for your travel. If you have a layover or the flight gets delayed, a music player, a book, or even playing cards will entertain you during the wait.
- The airport layovers are the perfect place to start reading an interesting book. Whether it is a book that you´ve been wanting to read since a long time ago or a book that caught your attention at the stores of the airport, reading is always a good option to kill time. Pick a comfortable couch or chair, buy a cup of coffe and relax, but be aware of the time, we don´t want you to miss your flight. Solving crosswords or playing Sudoku are also good options to exercise the mind while killing time.
- Use the free time to work on your pending things to do. Even if it’s a report, homework, job or whatever pending thing you have to do, the time at the airport is perfect for advancing on those things you hadn´t had time to do yet, this way, you will not have to worry about anything and will be able to enjoy your vacations to the fullest. Most airports nowadays offer wifi free or for a low cost and it´s perfect for working on that pending thing you have or for surfing the web and killing time.
Parador de Carmona
- Every airport has a duty free and some of them even have regular stores that sell purses, clothes, shoes and other things you may need during your trip. Strolling around the airport and taking a look at the stores and having a meal at the many restaurants will make the time go fast. This shops are also a great option to buy little gifts for family and friends.
- If you have a really long layover that allows you to go out and explore the most important spots of the city you are in, DO IT. First of all, be sure that you can get out of the airport and that you will be able to get into the boarding area again without any problem. Once you´ve done that, head out and star exploring the city. Be aware of the time that the flight departs and take precautions.
- One important thing when traveling to Spain is learning some basic phrases in Spanish. For Example, “hola” means hello, “dónde está el baño” means where is the bathroom. Learning helpful phrases in Spanish is one of the best ways to pass time at the airport and will definitely help you in your destination. Also, go over the schedule of your trip and plan everything you want to do once you get to the stunning Paradores Luxury Hotels.
Parador de Málaga Golf
Take note of these tips to not get bored on the airport layovers coming to Spain. Just in case you are wondering, many Paradores Hotels are near some of the main airports in Spain. For example, the Parador de Alcalá de Henares is easily accessible from the Madrid Airport and the Parador de Vic-Sau is the closest to the Barcelona Airport of El Prat.
Parador de Vic-Sau
If your destination is southern Spain, the Parador de Carmona is the closest to the airport of Sevilla and on the other part, in northern Spain, the airport of Santiago de Compostela is close to the Parador de Santiago de Compostela. Sevilla and Santiago de Compostela are two destinations in Spain that will allow you to get to know the essence of the North and South of Spain.
Parador de Santiago de Compostela
If you are more interested in a beach plan, the Parador de Málaga Golf is a great option, and the best part is that is really close to the Airport of Málaga so getting to the Parador is a breeze. Also, the Parador de El Saler, nearby the airport of Valencia is a great option for a plan of tourism in Valencia, beach and golf.
Parador de El Saler
If your plan is taking a trip to the Canary Islands, the Parador de Las Cañadas del Teide and the Parador de Cruz de Tejeda are the most easily accessible from abroad. If you prefer the island of Tenerife, the Parador de Las Cañadas del Teide is a great option and the closest airport is the one of southern Tenerife. In Gran Canaria, the airport of Gran Canaria is the best to getting to the Parador de Cruz de Tejeda.
Parador de Cruz de Tejeda
Start planning your trip to your favorite destination, pack your things and come have a great time at Paradores Hotel in Spain. And if you have a layover, don´t worry because now you know what to do.