Family vacations in Spain? Great plan! If you are travelling with your kids to Madrid, Valencia or Málaga, don´t miss to visit some special museums that will be interesting and fun both for the adults and the little ones. Art museums, science museums, cultural museums and many more will allow you to discover things that you won’t even imaging exist, such as famous characters made with wax, how science experiments are made, representations of history with tin soldiers and more. Don´t hesitate and come discover, learn and have fun at the awesome museums of Spain.
Museums in Madrid
As you may know, Madrid is the capital of Spain and one of the cities with many different museums. The Prado Museum, the Thyssen-Bornemisza, the Sorolla Museum and more, but it´s not all about art, there are museums for every taste and age, and many of them are special for the fun and learning of the younger ones, such as the wax museum and the Museum of Natural Siences. Come discover them! Of course, there is the beautiful Parador de Alcalá de Henares in Madrid which perfectly merges history and modern touches creating an ideal hotel to stay, enjoy, and discover Madrid.
- Take a tour through history by admiring all the characters you can imagine made in wax at the Wax Museum of Madrid. In here, you will find soccer players such as Iker Casillas and Cristiano Ronaldo, historic characters like Obama and Napoleon, famous artists such as Shakespeare and Mark Zuckerberg and of course, animation movie stars like Spiderman and the characters from Toy Story. The best thing is that there are always new surprise characters so you can always see someone new even if you have already been there. The entrance costs 19euros* for adults and 12* euros for kids between the age of 4 and 12.
- The National Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid offers exhibitions of different types of animals, geology, art, prehistory, scientific instruments and others. Also there are many educational activities, virtual visits and of course, there is an area dedicated for kids and family. During the weekends, summer, holidays and festivities, this Museum organizes special activities for the younger ones, which include educational and fun activities like workshops, storytelling, camps and more. Don´t miss this!
Museums in Valencia
In the Mediterranean city of Valencia, it´s all about fun. Beach, tourism and original and interesting museums are some of the activities available here. Besides, the Parador de El Saler, which is located nearby Valencia is the perfect spot for the fun of all the family, with a golf course, an outdoor swimming pool, a grass soccer field, spa and a park for kids, nobody will get bored here.
- Discover history in the funniest way possible, represented with tiny tin soldiers at the L´iber Museum of the Tin Soldiers. This Museum has approximately one million pieces which belong to Álvaro Noguera Giménez, who founded the museum with its collection of miniature dolls. The many exhibitions of this museum include the Spanish Guard, the Napoleon exhibition, the Room of the Middle Age, the Procession of Corpus Christi and more. Besides, the museum offers workshops, courses and a gift store where you can buy tiny soldiers and more.
- The City of Arts and Sciences is one of the biggest and most important museums in the Community of Valencia. Have fun with science by visiting the hemispheric, which is the biggest room of the museum and features an IMAX screen, a 3D digital movie theatre and offers digital spectacles. Also, in the Museum of Sciences of Prince Felipe, housed in a building designed by the famous Santiago Calatrava, you will find the exhibitions and shows that will teach you about sciences and technology. Besides, there is also the Oceanographic, where you will get to know a large number of water species from the ocean, the Antarctic, the Mediterranean, and others, like sharks, penguins, dolphins, and more. Don´t miss to visit the other halls with more things to see and do. Explore it all!
Museums in Málaga
Málaga is per excellence the southern city of the Museums in Spain. The many museums here make Malaga an ideal city to get immersed in culture and also the monuments allow you to explore the history of the area. The Parador de Málaga Gibralfaro, located in a privileged spot of the city, right atop Mount Gibralfaro opposite the Alcazaba, allows you to discover Málaga while enjoying a great experience in this ideal hotel overlooking the Mediterranean and the bay of Malaga. Definitelty a must-visit!
- The House of the Dolls Museum in Málaga is definitely a must-visit place when traveling with kids. With approximately 50 doll houses with original from different regions in Spain and also Germany, England and France, this museum is definitely different than every other museum you´ve been before. Besides admiring beautiful dolls and houses, you and the kids will have the chance to get to know the history of this popular toy. So interesting!
What do you think about this plan? You will surely love the Paradores Hotels, the cities and the museums. Learning can always be fun, but at these museums you will definitely have a great time discovering new things, so don’t hesitate, book now at Paradores and start enjoying Spain!
(*) Prices may vary