Since its founding, the main aim of Paradores de Turismo de España S.A. has been to develop a hospitality business based on quality and a respect for the environment, offering products and services which meet the needs of our guests, while also protecting and respecting our natural surroundings.
The company has again been certified in environmental and quality management according to the following standards: UNE-EN ISO 14001, UNE-EN ISO 9001 and UNE 182001 (Q for Quality Tourism: ICTE - Spanish Tourist Quality Institute). This has involved continuing with certification of the entire organization according to the benchmark standards for quality and environment management.
Respect for the environment has been implemented at our organization in the form of an environmental management system for the company’s procedures, with specific principles and actions, producing highly positive outcomes. Highlights include:
- Internal awareness-raising campaigns and training on good environmental practices
- Rational use of energy resources
- Encouraging saving
- Integrating suppliers and subcontractors into our environmental goals
- Establishing mechanisms for preventing pollution
- Reducing the environmental impact of our activity
- Adhering to standards for environmental management systems, according to ISO-14001
- Recycling and reducing waste
- Selective collection and management of waste through authorized companies
- Setting annual environmental goals and targets in order to continuously improve our environmental performance