Know the environment
As soon as you catch sight of Mojácar, with its crowd of white houses perched on the lower foothills of the Sierra de Cabrera mountains just 20 minutes from Cape Gata, this lovely spot will begin to amaze you. The Parador de Mojácar is located near the town's beaches. It enjoys one of the best microclimates in Spain, with an average temperature of 20°C and over 3,000 hours of sun each year. If you are looking for a place to enjoy tranquil beaches year round and partake in outdoor sports, this is the destination for you. Mojácar is a peaceful place, although it fills with life at certain times of year, including: Carnival in February, the Moors and Christians Festival in June and the Festival of St. Augustine in August.
Any time of year, you can enjoy the magnificent sea view rooms (superior rooms) or standard rooms with fantastic views of the gardens.
What to see
- City Gate, also known as Almedina Gate
- New Square Scenic Overlook: Valley of the Pyramids
- Castle Scenic Overlook (highest point in the city)
- Santa María Church (1560)
- Statue of La Mojaquera (the Mojácar woman)
- El Arrabal (former Jewish quarter)
- Fuente Mora (Moorish Fountain)
- Museum of Art
- Golf: Desert Springs, Cuevas de Almanzora
- Golf: Marina Golf, Mojácar
- Golf: Valle del Este, Vera
What to do
Cabo de Gata-Níjar Nature Reserve; Tabernas Desert; Karst en Yesos de Sorbas Natural Area; María-Los Vélez Nature Reserve, the location of Letreros Cave, famous as the site of the prehistoric figure that is the symbol of Almería, El Indalo; and Almería, home to the Alcazaba, the large citadel built by the Arabs in Spain. And if you like legends, we'll tell you a secret: they say that Walt Disney was born in Mojácar. You can even visit the the house where he is said to have been born in 1901.
- Mountain bike trails
- Historic trails and hiking
18th-century Los Dolores Chapel stands on the square. Private.
If you are a keen walker, we highly recommend the Mena-Macenas Trail. This 10-kilometer, medium difficulty trail offers incredible views of the sea.
- Cabo de Gata-Nijar Nature Reserve
- Mojácar, 17 kilometers of beaches