1. The "AMIGOS DE PARADORES" program is aimed at rewarding clients of PARADORES DE TURISMO DE ESPAÑA, S.M.E, S.A. (henceforward PARADORES).
2. The "AMIGOS DE PARADORES" program awards points to its members according to the amount of charges corresponding to the services they make use of in PARADORES and in accordance with the terms which are outlined in the "Criteria for Obtaining Points" section. These points will concede the right to obtain free nights (accommodation) in PARADORES, according to the terms which are outlined in the "Criteria for Using Points" section.
3. The Card can be used in any of the establishments managed by PARADORES, under the conditions which are defined in these General Conditions.
4. PARADORES will inform their cardholders of any increase or decrease in the operational scope of the Program, whenever such circumstances occur, due to the incorporation or withdrawal from the Program of new establishments, services or other companies.
5. The Program is aimed at individuals (natural persons). Corporate bodies or companies (legal persons) are excluded.
- 6.Members of the AMIGOS DE PARADORES programme are those that have filled out and signed the application form for said purpose. They are members from the moment in which they receive and sign the AMIGOS DE PARADORES card, or, should they register online via www.paradores.es, when they accept the General Conditions of the Programme
7. The "AMIGOS DE PARADORES" Card is the operative instrument of the Program, which identifies the Cardholders and allows them to participate. Participation in the Program and the use of the Card imply knowledge and acceptance of the present General Conditions.
8. The "AMIGOS DE PARADORES" Card is the property of PARADORES, and the cardholder is custodian of the same.
9. Membership of the "AMIGOS DE PARADORES" Program, and possession of the Card, are without charge for the Cardholder.
10. Each member of the Program may only hold one Card.
11. The "AMIGOS DE PARADORES" Card incorporates the full name of the Cardholder, as well as the personal identification number for his/her points account.
12. The standard Card's valid period is unlimited. The Card is personal and non-transferable.
13. The "AMIGOS DE PARADORES" Card is not a method of payment, and therefore it cannot be used for the payment of goods and services, or to make reservations.
14. The member of the Programme authorises PARADORES, in its quality as Head of Processing, to keep the personal details that they provided and those obtained from the activity of the card, and use them pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679, or General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the national regulations applicable, and with regard to marketing actions regarding the Programme and PARADORES, purpose for which these are gathered. It is necessary to have a valid, individual email address in order to sign up to the Programme. The same email address cannot be used for more than one member. Moreover, the member accepts receiving periodic information sent by PARADORES and they can, at any point, request the rectification of their personal data..
15. The rights deriving from participation in the Program and through the holding of the Card are of a highly personal character and, as a consequence, cannot be negotiated or transferred to third parties under any circumstances whatsoever.
16. All stays enjoyed at Paradores by the holder one month prior to the date of request to be included in the Programme will be registered in their account, providing that they can prove it by means of the relevant invoice in their name, for bookings not processed through online travel agencies.
17. The advantages of the "AMIGOS DE PARADORES" card and its different levels:
A- Are exclusively for Cardholders, as well as the person sharing a room with him/her.
B- To take advantage of these benefits it is absolutely necessary that the Cardholder be registered at the Parador.
C- These advantages are not cumulative with the benefits of other cards or programs. The Cardholder shall have the right to choose the program from which he/she would like to benefit.
- D- If you travel with children up to the age of 14, and they stay in another room, they will only benefit from the accommodation or welcome drink offers. Under no circumstances will they enjoy other benefits or added values intended for the holder.
Criteria (Charges, and the persons, that obtain points)
18. The points are conceded for the total amount of the bill, not including taxes (VAT, Company Trading Tax, IGIC). The points are conceded for blocks of euros, on the basis of different types of bills, and according to the table indicated below. Blocks of euros which are less than 3, in the case of room or restaurant bills, or less than 12 in the case of bills for special services, do not generate points.
Type of Bill:
Blocks of Euros
Equivalent in Points
Accommodation or restaurant service,bar,spa,shop and others
19. Points will be awarded for all accommodation, restaurant, bar, shop, spa invoices generated from bookings made through our direct booking channels (Web, App, Paradores' Booking Centre or the establishment itself), as well as those issued through traditional retail agencies and special invoices issued by Paradores to natural persons, in application of all kinds of general rates currently valid for individual traffic, except for the Parador Casa Da Insua, in which no points will be awarded for special services' invoices.
Those invoices issued for stays booked through travel agencies, on an exclusively online basis, for instance, Booking.com or Expedia.com, shall give no right to points.
20. The definition of the type of bill and the criteria for obtaining points, mentioned above, is as follows:
A- Accommodation bills: Are those which contain a charge for at least one night's stay, whatever the other items that are included on the bill, such as restaurant, telephone, laundry, etc., may be. These cannot be considered as bills for Special Services. The points can only be obtained by the cardholder in whose name the bill has been made out, as long as it includes the amount for the cardholder's own accommodation. Should different Cardholders have accommodation in the Parador under the same reservation, but each one wishing to benefit from their own points, they must, on arrival at the establishment, request that an individual bill be issued in the name of each guest.
B- Restaurant bills: Are those which contain at least one charge for restaurant services, at the current a la carte and/or set menu prices, but do not contain any room charges, although other items may be included, e.g., the bar bill. The points will be conceded to the diner and Cardholder who pays the bill.In the case that various diners who are also Cardholders wish to collect the corresponding points from a single table, they must previously request individual bills.
C- Bills for Special Services: Are those which correspond to: Banquets, weddings, communions and celebrations in general, either including, or not, any item for accommodation, and/or, due to their special nature, which have been subjected to negotiation. Room and/or restaurant bills issued by Paradores that do not correspond to any existing general rate, but which corresponds to specific price agreements that have been subject to special negotiation.Green Fee payment invoices that include fees exceeding one month. The points are conceded to the Cardholder in whose name the bill has been made out.Invoices issued on the occasion of work meetings, conventions and congresses will not be considered to be ‘special’ invoices
21. The points are obtained per bill paid.
22. Points for each bill can only be conceded to one Cardholder.
23. On those occasions when a Cardholder pays for his/her room with points, points are not generated.
24. Those services rendered on the basis of Group Rates or Tourist Packages, do not generate points. However, the members of the group , or those taking advantage of the package will be conceded points, depending on the type of bills involved, for any services which they may request and which are chargeable to their own account.
25. Points can not be earned through services purchased from third parties alien to the Parador. In the case of gift cards issued by Paradores, points are awarded when the card is purchased and therefore the bill must be in the name of the Amigo card holder.Products operated by third parties will not earn points.
26. When Cardholders stay in a Parador for free, either by charging the stay to their points account, benefiting from third party promotions, or for whatsoever other reason, they can obtain points according to the criteria established in points 18-22, for amounts related to restaurant services, bar, swimming pool, and others, if all of these services are charged to their room, even though the stay itself does not generate points since it supposes no cost for the Cardholders.
27. Individual vouchers issued by a travel agency earn points depending on the type of invoice issued ofr the services included in the same. The amount for any other items not included in the voucher which the card holder may purchase during his/her stay and which are billed for and paid directly by the guest will earn points.
Procedures for obtaining points
28. Members of the Program who wish to obtain the points corresponding to the amount for the services which they have used, will present their AMIGOS DE PARADORES Card at the time of requesting their bill, and they will identify themselves by presenting their National Identity Document, or any another document which will vouch for their identity.
29. Exceptionally, should the guest's card not be available when paying the bill, se/she must follow these instructions in order for the account to be credited: *The holder, within a period of time of up to three months from the date of this operation, shall submit the invoice on his/her own behalf to the Centro de Amigos (Apartado de Correos 62097- 28080 Madrid), stating the number of their Amigos de Paradores card. * If the bill is issued without the name of the card holder, he/she must ask the PARADOR staff to issue another bill in his/her name on the same day, presenting his/her national indentity card (D.N.I.) or other form of identification.
30. We recommend that Cardholders keep hold of the original bill, duly made out to their name for their stays in PARADORES, and also the receipts for any restaurant bills in which the name of the Cardholder or their Card number appears since, in the case of discrepancies, this will constitute the documentation necessary for the addition of points which may correspond to them to their account.In any case, for the addition of points which are the subject of any discrepancy, it will be necessary to send the original bill, duly made out in the Cardholder's name, or a valid photocopy of the same, stamped with the seal of the Parador, to the Customer Service Center within 6 months following the date of the invoice.
Expiration of points
31. Due to age---: Points accumulated by cardholders in their account during one calendar year will expire due to age if they are not used within two years from the time they were obtained.
32. Due to account inactivity: When there has been no activity in a cardholder's points account, whether this be obtaining or consuming points, for a period of twenty-four consecutive months, all points accumulated in this account will expire due to inactivity and the balance will remain at zero.
Using the points
33. The points obtained are for personal use only and are non-transferable. They will be posted to the Cardholder's points account and can be exchanged for free stays (accommodation) in PARADORES.
34. The Cardholder may make use of his/her points by charging his/her accommodation to his/her points account, in any Parador and at any time of year; however, points may not be used in conjunction with other packages or special offers.
35. PARADORES does not accept responsibility for not being able to respond to a Cardholder's request when the PARADOR is fully booked and the Cardholder does not have a prior reservation.
36. Cardholders can use their points once these have been posted to their points account, 48 hours from the time the obtaining of points was formalized. PARADORES does not accept responsibility for any delays that may occur in posting points to an account when Cardholders have not presented their Card and the operation has been manual, or when causes beyond the control of PARADORES make the automatic registering of the same impossible.
37. The number of points needed to obtain a free night's stay will be that which is established by each Parador in the points exchange table that is valid at the moment. You can view the table at www.parador.es
38. Any charge, other than for a room, generated by Cardholders when they charge their room to points, must be paid by the Cardholder directly to the establishment through any acceptable means of payment. This will give rise to an operation whereby points are obtained, as established in section II.
Procedure for using points
39. Using points to obtain free stays is conditioned by the existence of a sufficient points balance in the Cardholder's account.
40. The holder must show his/her "AMIGOS DE PARADORES" card, together with his/her National ID document, or a different proof of identity, on arrival to the Parador, and inform the reception staff that he/she will use the points to pay. The booking must have been previously made stating that the payment will be made with points. Those points will be discounted from the holder's account when leaving the Parador; in order to do this, he/she must show their card again. Points used will always be the ones registered in the holder's account at an earliest date.
41. Only the Cardholder, the person who is sharing the room with him/her and, exceptionally his/her children up to the age of 14 in another room, can enjoy free stays; since these are personal and non-transferable.
42. All information about the card holder's account can be found in the exclusive Amigos area at www.parador.es. Paradores periodically sends out information which may be of interest to members of the Program who have provided their email address or mailing address.
43. PARADORES periodically sends a statement with information about points earning and redemption transactions to card holders who have had activitiy in their points account.
44. If the Cardholder detects an error in his/her account statement, he/she must send the documentation justifying his/her claim of such error to the Customer Service Center.
45..Data holders may exercise their rights of access, rectification, cancellation, opposition, portability and forget by means of a written request indicating the reasons by postal mail or by telematics means to the addresses below. The signature of the interested party (or valid electronic signature recognised if requested by e-mail) is required, along with a photocopy of the national identification document proving their identity
Regular post: AMIGOS DE PARADORES. Apartado de Correos 62097 - 28080 Madrid.
46. If for any reason a Program member wishes to withdraw from the Program, he/she must communicate this information in writing to the Amigos Customer Service Centre, attaching his/her duly unused Card.
Regular post: AMIGOS DE PARADORES. Apartado de Correos 62097 - 28080 Madrid.
47. In order to ensure the correct reception of all communications sent by the Cardholder to the Amigos Customer Service Center, the said communications must be sent by registered mail, with acknowledgement of receipt. PARADORES does not accept any responsibility for the non-reception of documents sent to them.
Customer service center
48. Members of the "AMIGOS DE PARADORES" Program can request information or make consultations concerning any incident related to the Program, by calling the Amigos Costumer Service Center at: +34 913742600, email firstname.lastname@example.org or by written communication to email@example.com or the following address:
AMIGOS DE PARADORES
Apartado de Correos 62097 - 28080 Madrid.
49. In case of the loss, robbery or deterioration of the card, the Cardholder will have to notify the Amigos Customer Service Center in writing. The Center will then replace the card by sending a new Card to the Cardholder.
50. The Customer Service Center provides a telephone service 365 days a year, 24 hours a day
51. The present General Terms will be valid from 5 July 2018.
52. PARADORES reserves the right to cancel the points account and its balance and deactivate Program membership for card holders who use the Program or the card improperly, or fail to comply with the rules contained in the present General Terms And Conditions, or make improper use of the Paradores. The card holder may be held responsible for any liabilities which may result from said use or failure to comply. Likewise, Paradores reserves the right to cancel the points account and balance, and unregister from the programme those members that incorrectly use the Parador and/or those that infringe the rules or coexistence and hygiene. The cancellation of the account and the unregistering from the Programme for any of the above mentioned reasons, will invalidate the member from being able to sign up to the Amigos de Paradores Programme again for a period of three (3) years from the date in which they were notified of them being unregistered.
The existence of any amount pending to be paid to the company will automatically, and without prior warning, lead to the suspension of being entitled to use the points balance that you have available on your account with the Programme. This measure will be sustained until the moment in which the total amount pending from the holder is duly paid. Without prejudice of the immediate effectiveness of the suspension of the use of points, PARADORES will notify the interested party of the existence of a debit balance.
53. PARADORES reserves the right to cancel the AMIGOS DE PARADORES Program at any time, notifying card holders six months in advance. PARADORES shall not be liable for any damages incurred by card holders as a result of the cancellation. If the Program is canceled due to force majeure, the six months'advance notice for the card holders will not apply.
54. The present General Terms and Conditions will apply and be interpreted in accordance with Spanish law.
55. For any disputes which may derive from the present contract, the parties, expressly waiving any other jurisdiction which may be applicable, agree to submit to the Courts of Law of Madrid (Capital).
The card category that identifies the guests that visit PARADORES the most, and gives them access to exclusive services, promotions and attention. Beneficiaries of these advantages are set out in article 17 of these terms and conditions.
This card is annually renewed for those holders that have fulfilled the requirements.
In order to get the círculo card, 2,500 points must be accumulated from accommodation and restaurants in a period of two calendar years prior. This does not include expenditure on special services. These requirements may be reviewed annually.
The mere accumulation of the previously outlined amount of points does not guarantee the immediate attainment of the benefits inherent to being a Círculo card holder.
The Paradores Marketing Department will expressly communicate the fulfilment of the Círculo Card access conditions to the Amigos de PARADORES card holder. Once the card holder has received the Círculo Card at their home address, they will be able to enjoy all of the advantages and benefits that this entails.
Under no circumstances will Amigos de PARADORES card holders that have incorrectly used the Parador and/or those that infringed the rules of good conduct and hygiene be able to acquire or renew the status of being a Círculo guest.