Know the environment
El Hierro is the island with the highest volcano density in the Canary Islands. It has been declared a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
What to see
- Orchilla Lighthouse: historic location of the zero meridian.
- El Roque de la Bonanza: rock formation.
- La Peña Viewpoint: traditional El Hierro architecture.
- La Casa de Las Quinteras Ethnographic Museum: handicrafts collection.
- El Árbol Garoé: the holy tree of the Bimbaches.
- Lagartario (El Hierro lizard rescue center) and Guinea Ecomuseum.
- Biosphere Reserve: interpretive center and former social club.
What to do
- La Restinga hiking route (55 km)
- Bascos Viewpoint (52 km)
- El Golfo Valley (37 km)
- Isora Viewpoints (32 km)